Friday, October 21, 2011

China

I've recently returned from a two month vacation in China. A friend and I took a bike trip (contrary to what I usually mean by "bike trip" this was a pedal bike and not a motor bike) from Sanghai to Xiamen. I have plans to write a book about our journey, but I'm having some trouble with the names of places and association of events due to my lack of knowing the Chinese language and geography.

In addition to the general mapping problems, it's also extremely difficult to write for any extensive period of time at my new residence. The cabin I am currently living at has minimal electricity (just recently we've successfully installed some small solar panels), so I'm summoned to either writing on paper or my typewriter. Obviously my preferred medium for writing, especially when recalling an extensive line of memories, is a computer.

With that said, I will be calling upon the Griffin bros. for some help in my new project.

Posts/pictures of the new cabin soon.

Until then, here's a poorly translated, mildly amusing blog posting from when my biking companion and I got separated in a huge city in China. Enjoy.

Lost in Translation (pardon the pun, and horrible movie reference)

No comments:

Post a Comment