Friday, December 9, 2011

Occupy

Much like the people of my age who follow their favorite (and in my opinion, horrible and worthless) television series, I've been up every morning listening to 'Democracy Now' on NPR. I can't remember the last time I've found a movement worthwhile enough to dedicate so much of my time following, but I wholeheartedly support the protesters. They're right for being pissed off, and I've been waiting for a movement like this since George W. Bush took office. Finally the people are vocalizing their frustrations with the system.

Oops, I may have been to blatant with my political views. There's no better way to make your friends enemies, and your enemies even greater enemies than by discussing politics. Oh well, now you sort of know where I stand--- take it or leave it.

That aside, what I've been meaning to point out is the observations that many famous authors have been making about the movement. You can read them on the Occupy writers website. I'm particularly fond of Lemony Snicket's contribution to this collection: Thirteen Observations made by Lemony Snicket while watching Occupy Wall Street from a Discreet Distance.

If you're not familiar with the Occupy Writers I will be focusing my next post on this group. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy reading the articles that are available on the link that I've provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment