Friday, October 9, 2009

Blame Your Parents.

It's the old nature -vs- nurture debate. Who do we blame for the way we behave?
Well, Philip Larkin may just have the answer, or so he thinks.

This Be The Verse
They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.


Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.


Okay, okay. So it's a but cynical, but I happen to enjoy cynicism.





I'm back at home for the weekend. I have a short break, so I decided to come back home to visit the family and some friends. The ride home was absolutely beautiful; I really miss autumn. In Moorhead gets cold too quickly. The weather on this side of the state seems to miss the transition between summer and winter, and completely skips over the fall. This week it went from something like 80 degrees, and dropped down to 40 degrees, and it looks like it's going to stay that way. Not to mention there are barely enough trees in the city to notice the leaves change color and when they do they just turn yellowish-brown, and then fall off. It's really disappointing. The thick, colorful blanket of leaves that the trees leave on the ground here makes me want to rake up a huge pile to jump in.

Anyway, here are some pictures that look much like what I saw on the way back home. I apologize for them not being the real deal, but I haven't bought a camera and I wasn't able to borrow my sister's for the trip home.







No comments:

Post a Comment